Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Walda Cameron Kills

she admits in a Newsweek column My Turn. The article is titled...
Why I Broke One of My 'Cardinal' Rules
I thought guns were evil. Then a tiny red bird came to call, and I had to rethink everything.

It seems logical, to me, for the law enforcement officials be knocking on her door offering her free room and board away form the wooded area she has chosen for her home. A room totally cut off from the troubles of tiny red birds who so menacingly chose to hound her sleeping and waking hours with his incessant noisemaking. I think she has set a good example for why guns are not bad but the people who handle them can be. Ignorance is no excuse.
The cardinal so confused by the glass covered greenhouse that he probably fought himself crazy tired trying to run the interloper out of “his” territory. Walda thinks she was going mad. If she had thought about the cardinal from his perspective and how she was in it’s home, having built what was surely her Dream McMansion in the woods surrounding herself in wildlife where there was once just trees, shrubs and other birds. But no that is not the outlook she took. She only saw how this bird was inconveniencing her! Invading her peace of mind on her property she bought and paid for. She had the deed of sale to show she was the rightful owner of this piece of land, air and woods. AAAArrruuughggghghghgh.
I am not against hunters, I love to eat ducks and geese! I think the spirit in which Walda killed this cardinal was wrong. The fact she did it and wrote about it with such smugness is, I think, reason enough to bring her up on charges.
Say I read this article and decided that the fellow across the street who is constantly talking to me when I’m out gardening, walking the dog or checking the mail. He bugs me. I’m in my own yard and he bugs me. Then he calls when I forget to put my garage door down. He has been bugging me for three years...knocking on the door asking questions. Well I know how to fix it. I go to the store and buy a gun and next time he comes out side to talk to me. BOOM I take him out. And them I write a story...NOT If I did It! But I DID IT. It is a crime to kill birds...It is a crime to kill y our neighbors.
I feel this article is saying okay...shoot birds. No one will come and get you. Shoot woodpeckers if they bang on your house...kill gulls for messing up your car, don’t worry as long as YOU are happy. It is okay to kill.

Guns are not the answer. Nor are they the bad guy. Guns in the hands of ignorant people are the problem. I bet most anti-gun folks will agree on this point.
I say Walda...you should be locked up with that smug look on your face, doomed never to see another bird in its own habitat doing what it is supposed to be doing. Protecting its territory from invaders.

Yeah, this kinda made me mad. Good thing nobody reads this blog.

1 comment:

Bird Advocate said...

I read your blog and I agree.